"I joined the Village to help seniors. I was totally unprepared for the genuine connections I would make in the process."
Beth Richardson, volunteer
Studies show that being of service to others provides a host of benefits. Volunteering keeps you connected, combats depression, keeps your mind and body active and contributes to overall well-being.
Our volunteers commit to no set schedule. Volunteers receive an email each morning. If you can help with a request, you simply hit the red button that says, "I can do it. I can help". If you can't, it's ok! Maybe you'll be able to help with the next one. Requests are often for:
- rides to appointments, to our events or to see family and friends
- grocery pick up
- small home projects - hanging a shelf, organizing a closet, taking donations to thrift
- dog walking
- tech support/help with smart phones or tablets
- walking buddies
Built for seniors, BY seniors, we rely on members to:
- help with events and activities
- make phone calls
- assist with light office duties
- welcome new members and volunteers
- help us spread awareness
- share what they know and teach us new things through our Senior Speaker Series
- coordinate a walking group or other activities
- and so much more!